Cardiac Catheterization Instructions
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the day of the procedure except to take your medication with a few sips of water, unless directed by your physician.
- If you are a diabetic or on Coumadin, check with your physician as the dose may need to be adjusted. If you are on Glucophage, you will need to hold your dosage for a period of 1-2 days.
- Please bring a list of your current medications, the current dose, and how many times a day you take them.
- A heart Catheterization is an all-day procedure and requires 4-8 hours of bed rest. Please arrange for someone to drive you home when you are discharged.
- Please leave all your expensive valuables at home. Check books, credit card and cash is not needed.
- The recovery room does have restricted visiting hours. Children below the age of 12 are not admitted and only two visitors are allowed at anyone time.
- If you are allergic to IVP dye please don’t forget to take prednisone as prescribed.
- Aspirin- (enteric coated) It is preferred that you take this medication on the day of the procedure.
If you have any further questions, please call our office.