Transesophageal Echocardiogram instructions
1. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the day of the procedrue unless otherwise directed by your physician.
2. If you are a diabetic or on Coumadin, check with your physician as the dose may need to be adjusted.
3. Please bring a list of your current medications, the current dose, and how many times a day you take them. Also, bring all medications with
you in their original pharmacy bottles.
4. Please leave all your expensive valuables at home. Check books, credit card and cash is not needed.
5. The recovery room does have restricted visiting hours. Children below the age of 12 are not admitted and only two visitors are allowed at anyone time.
If you have any further questions, please call our office.